Statement of Faith
We believe that our Statement of Faith forms the basis for sound biblical instruction.
- We believe the 66 Canonical books of the Protestant Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative written Word of God. One may not add to or take away from God’s holy word. II Timothy 3:16-17, Revelation 22:18-19
- We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14, Athanasian Creed
- We believe that the universe originated by the creative act of God as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that the form of every kind of life was fixed at the time of its creation. Genesis 1:1, John 1:1
- We believe as a direct result of His creation order, God established the family unit, as described in the Scriptures, as the basis to procreate and pass on His word from generation to generation. In His providential care, the natural laws of His creation require us to protect the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death. Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 2: 18-25, Psalm 139:13-16, Romans 1, Matthew 19:4-6, Hebrews 13:4 and Ephesians 5:1-5
- We believe in the true deity and true humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His pre-existence, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His future visible return in power and glory. Colossians 1:13-20, John 1:14
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. I Timothy 2:5
- We believe that mankind is conceived and born in sin and therefore lost, and that salvation is received only by the grace of God, through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, which the Holy Spirit works in our hearts. Romans 3:23-26, Titus 3:5
- We believe that by the present indwelling ministry of the Holy Spirit, the Christian is able to live a godly life, and that every believer should practice the holiness which God requires. Ephesians 1:13-14, Romans 8:1-4, Romans 12:1-2, Titus 2:11-13
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved will rise to live; those that are lost will rise to be condemned. John 5:25, 28-29
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. John 17:23, I Corinthians 12:12-13
- We believe that, individually and communally, we are called to the task of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to people of all languages and nationalities with a view to their salvation. Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:39, II Corinthians 5:20
We affirm the Christian faith as expressed in the historic Apostles Creed.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, our Lord.
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
from whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit.
I believe a holy catholic church, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
(We also affirm the historic Nicene Creed)
These are the statements which will be adhered to and taught at Taber Christian School.